Have you been driving cars for several years? Then, you must have heard the name “Uniroyal.” But do you know who makes Uniroyal tires? If not, then go through this article. Most people prefer tires that have standard quality and can be available at a moderate price. It is especially true if one has an old vehicle. People don’t want to purchase tires for old vehicles at a high price.
Therefore, they look for tires that are affordable yet have an acceptable quality. Uniroyal can fulfill all of these priorities. They provide prime tires at such an affordable price. That’s why many people want to know about the manufacturer of these tires.
So, I have come up to discuss the company which produces Uniroyal Tires. Besides, you will know some additional information and some frequently asked questions. So, let’s start.
Who Makes Uniroyal Tires
The famous French tire manufacturing company “Michelin” manufactures Uniroyal Tires in North America, Colombia, and Peru. Outside these locations, “Continental AG” company provides Uniroyal Tires.
However, the story started in 1868 when a Belgian artillery officer named Oscar Englebert began to sell rubber products in Belgium. The shop used to sell water-resistant products such as raincoats, bath caps, aprons, gloves.
The purpose was to expand the business and innovate more water-resistant substances.
The turning point of his shop took place when Junior Oscar Englebert launched rubber bicycle tires. This brought a big success for the company. Later, they launched water-resistant car tires, becoming the first tire company in Europe.
Their motor racing tires endured in the 24 Hours of Le Mans competition without any change. After this event, the company gained immense popularity, and the brand “Uniroyal” emerged in 1950 in the United States. Their “Tiger Paw” tires dominated the tire industry during the 1960s.
In 1979, a German automotive parts manufacturing company named “Continental AG” owned the company. Since 1990, the world’s second-largest tire company, Michelin, has been under the ownership of Uniroyal. Currently, over 1,000 American employees are working to produce Uniroyal Tires by Michelin.
Types of Uniroyal Tires
Uniroyal provides a great variety of tires for different vehicles. It is difficult to mention all the models. So, I have mentioned below the significant types of tires by Uniroyal. Let’s have a look.
- Touring tires
- High-Performance tires
- Light Truck tires
- Commercial Light Truck tires
- Winter tires
- All-season tires
- Off-road tires
Besides, you will have a great variety of materials among these types. So, one can easily find suitable tires for one’s vehicle.
See Also: Who Makes Dextero Tires
Are Uniroyal Tires Good?
One should be very cautious while buying tires for vehicles. Because the overall performance of the vehicle depends on the tires. Therefore, reliability becomes a big question. In general, Uniroyal Tires are indeed reliable. But everyone’s priority is not the same. So, I have discussed some key features of Uniroyal Tires. So, the users can have an overall understanding of these tires.
- Quality: Uniroyal has been one of the most enduring names in the tire industry for providing quality products for the last 127 years. Regardless of the economic condition of the United States, the company has been maintaining its consistency in quality.
- Affordability: Many people don’t have the ability to purchase expensive tires. Uniroyal can be the most reliable option for the average driver. They can buy tires at a cheap rate. But the performance of these tires will not disappoint you since these are nothing less than their competitors.
- Handling: Uniroyal intends to provide tires with consistent handling. So, different terrain types or weather conditions can not affect the performance of the tires. Excellent traction and flawless performance on different terrains are some of the vital features of this tire. To ensure a safe journey, they use wider circumferential grooves in treads and sipes. Sipes help water drainage from the tire footprint.
- Long-Lasting: These tires are durable and use twin steel belts with nylon caps. This feature ensures not only safety but also consistent grip even at high speed.
However, it is better not to expect these tires to deliver performance like a high-end tire. Especially, their all-season tires require more upgrades in inner construction and grip.
Frequently Asked Questions
A large share of the Uniroyal is manufactured in Michelin’s SC plant. However, Michelin has contracts with several companies to produce Uniroyal tires. So, it can provide products all over America. Besides, some tires are made in Woodburn, Indiana, and Spartanburg, North Carolina.
Yes, Tiger Paw tires are a bit noisy. Because these tires do not use prime materials to keep the price low. As a result, these tires are heavier. Generally, heavier tires create noise on the highway.
See More: Who Makes Goodyear Tires
Final Words but Important
Indeed mid-range tires with average quality are a simple go-to option for the drivers, especially if you have an old vehicle. Uniroyal tires are a perfect choice in this consideration.
While everyone knows about the famous French tire manufacturing company “Michelin,” some people don’t know about Uniroyal is another brand of Michelin. So when people hear about it, they keep questioning, “Who makes Uniroyal tires?”
So, I have explained about the manufacturers of Uniroyal tires in a precise way. Besides, I have mentioned the types and key features as well. I hope you found this article worthwhile.