There are many business routers in the market today making it difficult to determine which one is appropriate for your small business. It is essential to get the most out of your technological investment and so having the best Wi-Fi connectivity is a fundamental requirement. The choice you make for your business router means the difference between frustrations and productivity.
Business router help in connecting two or more packet switched networks. It achieves this through managing traffic between these networks by forwarding data packets to their intended IP addresses. It also allows multiple devices to use the same internet connection.
There are dual-band and triple-band routers for customers and employees that link to district networks within a premise. Due to their importance, you must take time and select an option that will effectively serve your needs. in this article, we share some of the best and tested options in the market.
1. Best Overall: Synology RT2600ac
Sinology RT2600ac has powerful wireless capabilities and security features designed for offices. This router’s MU-MIMO support supports more devices to connect at high speeds. A small business will appreciate the strong security tools, intrusion prevention, and firewall management. If your company needs to support remote employees, you can utilize this router to set up a virtual office for secure remote access of your organization’s systems.
Integrating additional multimedia add-ons, the RT2600ac can transform into a server hosting platform that anyone in the office can access.
- Brand: Sonology
- Frequency: 5 GHz
- Weight: 1.54 pounds
- Model: RT2600ac
- Wireless speeds: 2.53 Gbps
- Powerful 4×4 802.11 ac wave 2 radios with MU-MIMO
- 1,7GHz Dual-core processor for fast reliable performance.
- Supports advanced Synology SSL VPN, SSTP VPN and VPNs with WebVPN features.
- Dual WAN feature for failover support and load balancing.
- Smart connect for seamless transition between range and maximum speed.
This server has advanced file management capabilities that allow you to use it on the cloud. Synchronize files across devices and share files with colleagues, clients, family members or friends and back up your Mac or Windows computer.
Comprehensive VPN Server
VPN plus supports RT2600ac to serve as a robust VPN server that offers simplified setup, smooth connectivity and secure access. For your company’s remote teams, you can easily set up a virtual office able with flexible schedules and a convenient work routine.
Synology RT2600ac router has strong security tools like denial-of-service protection, firewall management and intrusion prevention. Additionally, the router receives regular updates to safeguard the system and your network from latest attacks and cyberattacks.
Centralized Multimedia Server
Together with multimedia add-ons, RT2600ac can morph into a centralized hub for entertainment. You can browse information or play multimedia content located on the router via DLNA home devices. You can also easily stream files located on USB storage devices or SD cards and attach to a stereo system or smart TV.
2. Best Value: NETGEAR Nighthawk
- Wireless speed: 7200 Mbps
- Wireless type: 802.11ac
- Frequency: 60 GHz
Fast Wi-Fi Performance
Stream videos, browse the internet, play games and connect all your home or office devices without interruptions. It offers a solid performance with ample range to serve diverse needs. the router can serve devices including computers, laptops, phones and other home appliances like smart TVs, doorbell cameras or thermostats.
Smart Parental Controls
The Nighthawk app facilitates you to manage device internet access by filtering websites.
Wired Ethernet Ports
6 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 x 10G SEP ports enable you to plug in your devices including computers, streaming players, or game consoles.
Share a storage drive with any connected device like a USB connection and create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere using the 2 x 3.0 ports.
3. Best security: ASUS RT-AC68U
Asus strives to be a market leader by providing its clientele with access to the latest Wi-Fi technology. It comes equipped with a Gigabit Ethernet WAN port and 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports. It offers maximum wired connection support to computers, TVs, game consoles or other AiMesh routers. It has USB 3.1
- Wi-Fi 5 (802.11 ac)
- Technology: AiMesh
- 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports
- Speed: 1900 Mbps of total Wi-Fi throughput
- Dual-band Wi-Fi router supports AiMesh
- USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB 2.0 type A ports
Asus RT-AC68U uses the AiMesh technology to create a single all-inclusive network name so there’s no need to keep switching between networks as you roam. The Aimesh integration tracks the signal’s strength on your device and seamlessly switches to an alternative source if the need to do so arises.
Fast And Reliable Communication
Aimesh technology supports Ethernet backhaul allowing users who have on-wall Ethernet jacks to create a wired connection between the routers in their network. This move helps dedicate the entire 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz to wireless devices for a seamless connection. It also provides fast and reliable inter-router communication for a more even and stable Wi-Fi connection.
Stable And Enhanced Signal Range
The Asus AiRadar wisely reinforces wireless connectivity using high power amplification, exclusive ASUS RF fine-tuning and beamforming technology. The helps in maintaining extended coverage, dynamic data speeds with heightened stability.
AiMesh facilitates the creation of separate SSIDs for each frequency band while still providing seamless roaming within the network. This allows you to dedicate the 5 GHz band to a smart TV stream all your favorite PC games to the NVIDIA SHIELD portable to play from any place using the NVIDIA GameStream technology. This router’s design enhances it to deliver lag-free, high-performance game streaming from NVIDIA GRID cloud gaming systems or GeForce GTX powered computers.
Dedicated Wi-Fi For Your Guests
You can share your internet connection with your visitors without sharing your personal password or network resources. ASUS Guest Network supports up to 3 independent guest network, each with its own usage limit and password. Your visitors cannot access your primary network or any other connected devices.
Turboqam Wi-Fi Acceleration
The router can integrate the TurboQAM technology that allows for 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi performance of 600 Mbps and up to 1300 Mbps on the 5 GHz band.
The router has two USB ports that make it ideal for multimedia, file and 3G/4G sharing. The USB ports are sparsely distributed for easy access.
The ASUSWRT dashboard UI can help you set up, control network applications and monitor all in one intuitive location. The ASUSWRT consists of flexible settings that leverage he network’s performance, multi-device detection and quick scanning of the connected USB storage to authenticate data integrity the dual WAN supports two connections on the router with failover and load balance for added stability and redundancy to guarantee uninterrupted access to the internet.
Quality Of Service
Quality of service optimizes outbound and inbound bandwidth on both wireless and wired connections. It is easier to prioritize applications and tasks using the drag and drop features for gaming, surfing the web, media streaming and file transfers. It also supports popular consoles like 3DS, Xbox one, PS4 Pro, Vita, Play Station Vita, 3 and 4.
4. TP-Link AX21
TP-Link Acher AX21 is an entry-level dual band Wi-Fi 6 router that supports both VPN server and VPN client. It delivers a peak rate of 1.2 Gbps and is an idea option for small to medium sized households. The TP-Tether Link app makes it easier to set up and use.
High download speeds, longer range and reduced latency
- It has a functioning band steering mode that automatically shifts between 5 and 2.4 GHz bands inside a single network. There’s also the guest management and quality of service that prioritizes traffic to your network’s vital devices. With this router, you have an excellent home networking upgrade that is simple and inexpensive.
- TP-Link Acher AX21 offers fast dependable Wi-Fi to many households. Considering its price, it offers value for money as it is a lot cheaper than routers with less features.
- It comes with a USB port for hotspoting or connecting a phone, including a wired network jack for connecting to a PC. They allow your tablet or PC to share your phone or hotspot’s internet connection which is preferred to public networks.
5. Google Nest Wi-Fi
Google’s nest Wi-Fi is arguably the best mesh Wi-Fi option as it will cover your entire house with a Wi-Fi signal. The T nest Wi-Fi has scalable features that create a mesh network which offers a strong dependable signal. Nest Wi-Fi is a scalable solution that covers the entire home with a reliable signal.
This router is tiny yet very elegant and consists of a Google home smart speaker offering you high quality voice assistants and a strong wireless connection. This high performance router is easy to set up, reliable and easy to use which simplifies the task of adding extensions around the home. It works well with older Google Wi-Fi units that are available. With the integration of Google assistant, you can creatively integrate voice control throughout the entire house. This simplifies the integration with a large number of premium smart home devices including Google home compatible devices.
- Data transfer rate2200 Megabytes per second
- Wireless type: 802.11n
- Weight: 1 pound
- Number of ports: 4
- The router provides automatic updates ensuring your network remains safe and secure.
- It ensures uninterrupted signal even when moving from room to room while taking calls.
- It is simple to set up using a Google home app, from where you can connect and manage devices within your network.
- The system enables you to supervise your speed. You can create a guest network and share your password in a few steps.
- You can select which appliances to prioritize for faster speeds.
- You can use parental control to manage online time for children.
- It is a scalable and flexible Wi-Fi system.
- It blankets your entire home in a fast reliable network and eliminated buffering in every room.
- The router is strong enough to handle multiple connected devices and maintain a stable network that is fast enough to stream multiple videos simultaneously.
6. Linksys EA6350
Linksys EA6350 is an excellent option for small businesses as it is flexible and provides a wide variety of solutions to arising challenges.
Designed to deliver ideal wired and wireless connectivity that lets you enjoy fast internet speeds on multiple devices simultaneously. This is made possible by the Wireless-AC technology and the four Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connection.
Beamforming technology facilitates the router to identify and directly connect with other devices. This results in a better wireless range, faster network speed, and minimal interruptions from other devices.
This smart Wi-Fi dual band with two external antennas provides a robust, reliable wireless signal. The 2.4 GHz and 5 GHZ dual wireless bands deliver speeds of up to N300 Mbps.
Four Gigabit Ethernet ports are devices that allow you to connect wired devices directly for internet access or share data on external devices. They also provide a fast connectivity to wired devices like nearby desktops or laptops which enjoy super-fast speeds. The wireless speed is two times faster than Wireless-N technology while gigabit technology is faster than fast Ethernet.
A 3.0 USB port provides convenient access for transferring videos, data files or photos across your network.
- Frequency: 5 GHz
- Wireless type: 802.11a/b/g/h
- Wireless outer
- Up to 1,000 sq. ft. of internet coverage for 10 wireless appliances
- Dual band internet maximum speeds of up to 1.2 Gbps
- Gigabit Ethernet ports supports wired transfer speeds 10 times quicker than fast Ethernet.
7. TP-Link AX1800
- Series: Archer AX21
- Frequency: 5GHz
- Connectivity technology: Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB
- Antenna: fixed
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Archer AX21 supports both VPN client and
- You don’t need specialized expertise to navigate the system. The setup is simple.
- Extensive coverage as it focuses on signal strength
- Dual band Wi-Fi internet router helps achieve a faster speed. Next-Gen 1.8 Gbps assist you to enjoy a more stable connectivity, gaming or downloading content.
- Connect more devices with Wi-Fi 6 technology which supplies more data to more devices.
8. MikroTik hEX S
Mikrotik hEX is a five port Gigabit Ethernet router ideal in places where wireless connectivity isn’t needed.
- Frequency: 880 MHz
- Connectivity technology: Ethernet
- Number of ports: 5
- Operating system: RouterOS
- 5 times Gigabit Ethernet
- Dual core 880MHz CPU and 250MB RAM
- Data transfer: 1000 megabits per second
- IPsec hardware encryption
- 2.0 USB, PoE output for Ethernet port and 1.25 Gbigs
- It comes integrated with a robust dual core 880MHz CPU and 256 MB RAM, capable of handling complex configurations supported by RouterOS.
- It is a cost-effective option that you can configure using a web browser
- It has a minimal power consumption.
In this article, we’ve shared 8 different consumer and small business networking devices that has you contemplating your options. As discussed, there continues to be a swift migration from one place to another.